What is Heroes & Other Worlds?

Heroes & Other Worlds is a game of adventure inspired by Metagaming's classic Melee/Wizard/TFT system combined with inspiration from the Moldvay edited basic game. The rules are easy to learn and use standard six sided dice. The system is simple, sensible and flexible in the spirit of classic role playing games from the early 80's. Become a Hero, Other Worlds await!

Sunday, January 28, 2018

For fun

Having collected and read comics for ages, I have always loved the Marvel Comics corner box art. They were such an iconic part of the cover and the comic experience for me I thought it would be fun to knock out a pair of draft images in this style using some counter art from Mark Hill to replicate the Marvel look and feel. How or will they be used? Not sure but I think it could be fun--maybe a compatibility mark? Hmmm....

Anyway, the work on BLADES continues. I have expanded armor and weapon lists, added flail as and am looking at adding a tinker or jerry-rig skill.

I am not adding a charisma stat, feeling that skills cover that sort of interaction need. Game will stay written for d6, but an appendix will be included should someone want to use d20 to resolve tests.


2 comments:

  1. I like the art and I like your choices with mechanics and charisma/skills, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compatibility mark is an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete